Employee Training and Development
Training and Development is a subsystem of an organization which emphasizes on the improvement of the performance of individuals and groups. It is an educational process which involves the sharpening of skills, concepts, changing of attitude and gaining more knowledge to enhance the performance of the employees. It is about knowing where you are in the present and after some time where will you reach with your abilities. By training, people can learn new information, new methodology and refresh their existing knowledge and skills. Due to this there is much improvement and adds up the effectiveness at work. The motive behind giving the training is to create an impact that lasts beyond the end time of the training itself and employee get updated with the new phenomenon. Training can be offered as skill development for individuals and groups.
Training and development encompasses three main activities: training, education, and development:-
- Training: This activity is both focused upon, and evaluated against, the job that an individual currently holds.
- Education: This activity focuses on the jobs that an individual may potentially hold in the future, and is evaluated against those jobs.
- Development: This activity focuses on the activities that the organization employing the individual, or that the individual is part of, may partake in the future, and is almost impossible to evaluate.
The importance of Training and Development:
- Optimum utilization of Human resources
- Development of skills
- To increase the productivity
- To provide the zeal of team spirit
- For improvement of organization culture
- To improve quality, safety
- To increase profitability
- Improve the morale and corporate image
Reasons to go for Training and Development:
- When management thinks that there is a need to improve the performances of employees.
- To set up the benchmark of improvement so far in the performance improvement effort.
- To train about the specific job responsibility.
- To test the new methodology for increasing the productivity.